Tuesday, March 26, 2013

North Bay Freeze Dried Fruits and Veggies Review


North Bay Trading Company sent me some of there freeze dried fruits and vegetables to review!
Here is some info from their website:

North Bay Trading Co. has a great selection of retail and bulk freeze dried vegetables.

Bagged freeze dried food is packaged in high quality resealable foil pouches with moisture absorbent pack to ensure freshness after initial opening.
Please note varieties and cuts of freeze dried vegetables not listed on our website may be available by special order in the large box sizes.

What is Freeze Dried?

Fresh vegetables are freeze dried by placing them in a refrigerated vacuum, and, without thawing, they are dehydrated. Ice disappears in the form of escaping water vapor. Cell structure remains intact, which results in excellent retention of flavor, color, shape, and nutritional value.

Gluten Free

Our freeze dried vegetables are gluten free.

 **********************************************************
 I was sent the following fruits:
Strawberries
Kiwi
Grapes
Cherries
Apples 
Bananas

Veggies:
Mushrooms
Sweet Corn
Sweet Potatoes

My Review: 8/10.
I really thought it was neat that the freeze dried fruit and veggies looked EXACTLY like the regular ones. I liked the crunchiness of the fruits and veggies. I enjoyed all of the flavors, but these were my favorite:
Grapes and Super Sweet Corn.

The grapes tasted like CANDY. The super sweet corn was a fun alternative to popcorn. :) 


I was NOT a fan of the mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and kiwi. The mushrooms and sweet potatoes had no taste to them and the kiwi was too sour for my taste. Everybody's tastebuds are different, so you might enjoy those flavors as well. 

Please visit their website:




Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...