Thursday, July 23, 2015

How Sub30 Has Given Me A Newfound Strength

As I've shared before, last year on the Web.com was a difficult year for us. We were newly married and spent 3/4 of our time APART. God has worked in both of us and we are constantly growing, but there is NO DOUBT in our minds that Florida is EXACTLY where God wants us.

Words cannot begin to describe how grateful we are for Celebration Church and the young adult focus, Sub30. It has given me a newfound strength through serving and building quality relationships with friends. 


Last year, all I did was whine and complain about how I was always alone while Jared was off traveling to some new place each week, being with friends, and having some really cool experiences off the golf course. This year, I am PRAISING GOD for all the many blessings He has given me, even when Jared is away. 


When we moved here, we were OVERWHELMED with how much people truly welcomed us and helped us feel like we were at home. They reached out to us and invited us to things so we made lots of friends! THIS IS TRULY OUR HOME AND WE LOVE IT HERE! 


I thrive on being around people and spending quality time with friends and loved ones. It's my top love language after all! So, instead of moping around and crying that Jared is gone all the time, I decided to lean on God, like I'm supposed to, and things have just turned around 180 degrees!



Our church recently had SERVE DAY where we went all over our town and helped out in many different ways. I was part of a group that went to the college and passed out goodie bags with college essentials to the students, provided popsicles and water, played games with them, and invited them to church! It was AWESOME to be part of such a great SERVE DAY. I've realized that SERVING brings so much joy to my life and it is what I am called to do. I'm so thankful that God has shown me how significant it is and I just want to keep doing more and more. 


Two nights each week, I have small group. Wednesday night is the married couples group that I go to (and Jared when he's home), and on Thursday nights, I host a girls group at our apartment. On Saturday mornings, I participate in a fitness small group. 


Throughout the week, I am reminded of HOW MUCH GOD LOVES ME and that HE is the ONLY one who can provide everything I need. He has shown me that there are LOTS of people who care about me and want to build a connection with me. He has shown me that I can rely on these people to  lift me up and encourage me when I'm down. 


Do I miss my husband like crazy? YES! But, do I know that God ALWAYS provides and that He is OVERFLOWING MY LOVE TANK with quality time and genuine relationships with friends while Jared cannot physically be with me? YES!

Dear God, 
Thank you for moving us to Florida and connecting us with Celebration Church and Sub30. I know that even though being apart from my husband is NEVER easy, that YOU WILL NEVER LEAVE ME and you have given me such a wonderful church family and friendships that will last a lifetime. Thank you for taking care of us always! Love you so much! 
Amen.  




Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...