Friday, April 29, 2016

That Time I MADE My Own Hummus


Over the past few years, I have grown to LOVE hummus. I put it on almost everything! I will admit, I was nervous about making my own hummus, because I wasn't sure if it would taste anything like the store bought kind. 

I followed closely to this recipe, but made a few tweaks of my own. 
Ingredients:


1 cup garbanzo beans
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil 
1/2 cup Sesame King Tahini
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons basil 


I boiled the garbanzo beans, then drained the liquid, but saved it in a separate bowl to add later. 

Then, I added the remaining ingredients into the blender, along with the boiled garbanzo beans. 

I added the liquid leftover from the garbanzo beans a little at a time, until everything was well blended. 

I made it for our women's small group's potluck. 


Overall, everyone liked it, but said it was missing something to make it really stand out. A few people said it needed some spiciness to it. One of the girls absolutely LOVED it and said it was her favorite hummus ever. 


It was fun to make hummus on my own. I will definitely try it again and see if I can get some more flavors included! 

Sesame King Tahini provided me with samples to review. I was not compensated for this post, just sent product. Here's some more info about Tahini from their website

Tahini is a sesame paste made from hulled and roasted sesame seeds. Our High Quality Tahini paste is made out of 100% pure ground sesame seeds. The sesame seeds are sifted, cleaned, roasted and ground to perfection in our premises using new state of the art machinery. Our manufacturing process meets and exceeds all FDA standards. Currently we are the only Tahini manufacturer to pasteurize our product. Our precise Computer Controlled Pasteurization Process (CCPP) ensures a clean and great tasting Tahini paste!
Sesame King is the leading brand of 100% pure, ground tahini pastes, made from the finest sesame seeds. Each Sesame King tahini is all-natural, with a subtle, delightful aroma, rich with texture and delicious taste.
*** We mechanically hull our sesame seeds, meaning no chemicals are used during our production process. 
Our Tahini is PEANUT & TREE NUT FREE ! 
Tahini is the staple of Middle Eastern cooking, the tasty foundation of hummus, baba ghannoush, halvah, and dozens of delicious sauces and dressings.
It's also delicious on bread, right out of the jar, and perfect in your favorite recipe.
Sesame King Tahini makes great tasting hummus and other fine dishes.


Tahini is an excellent source of protein and also improves Stamina and Endurance to all muscles. Click Here for More Health Benefits








Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...