Monday, February 15, 2016

The Life Of A Pro Golfer's Wife -As Told By Jared




In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I'm writing a long overdue guest post about my wife! Today I am going to give you an insight from my perspective the life of a pro golfers wife. (And maybe a few other things I just want to brag on her about)

First let me give you a small outline of my typical day when I am home and practicing. I usually get up and have Bible time and workout in the morning. I come home and eat some breakfast and then on to the course for my day of practice. That usually last anywhere from 4-8 hrs so I eat lunch while I'm at the course. I come home, eat dinner, do the dishes (sometimes), shower, watch tv, and sleep. My usual day on the road at a tournament is not too much different from being at home, I just replace going home with going to a hotel, and adding a little more free time in there with it.  That schedule seems pretty easy and simple and for the most part it is...thanks to Kelsey. 

There are so many things Kelsey does for me that makes what I do everyday less stressful. Because let's be for real, any job is stressful, but golf has to be near the top of that list (in my opinion).  The biggest thing that Kelsey does for me is financially allow me to do what I do for a living. My job doesn't have guaranteed money and can't be forecasted. The shinning lights and extravagant lives of professional athletes are only for the .01% that you see on tv everyday. But my wife and her amazing work ethic allows me to play golf on a daily basis without having to stress about money. Of course I'm trying my hardest to provide for us. I will always strive to be better and be the best provider I can.  


The second thing Kelsey does for me is handle our finances and bills. She has a memory as good as an Apple iMac!  She is amazing with money and budgets and remembering when to pay bills, etc.  With my crazy schedule of traveling, hotels, time zones, foreign countries, and other responsibilities, I would probably miss something along the way.  It's just one more way she shows me her support by allowing me to focus on my tournaments and playing better.   Kelsey is also very good about spending money, buying only what we need and using resources we have. I'm so thankful she is mature enough to handle our money and mature enough to know what we can and can't afford! 

The third thing Kelsey does well is being my number one cheerleader and encourager. She has this amazing way to know what to say to me when I'm not playing well or having the best attitude. Sometimes I don't want to hear it at that moment. She cares about me and wants me to be the best I can be, even if she has to speak a little tough love. I respect her for that!
She supports me in a lot of ways but one of my favorites is packing my food and snacks for the weeks.  I would forget so many things and complain to her later that I forgot them. She takes up her free time and uses it to help me get ready for the week. It's stress free to not worry about forgetting to pack food. I'm very thankful. 


The fourth thing Kelsey does to help me is by doing all the household chores while I'm out of town. When I am gone for a week, she has no help when she gets home from work or before she leaves, when it comes to laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming, etc.  She will use most of her free time that she could be using to relax, to handle things around the house. She always makes sure it looks amazing when I come home. I can't stress how much of a blessing it is to come back to a clean home and an amazing wife!  

A lot of people don't understand what it's really like to be a pro golfer's wife and all the hard work they put into keeping their marriage strong while their husbands are away trying to climb the golf ladder. This is just a GLIMPSE into all that my wife does for me, but I just had to share a fraction on the blog. Thanks for reading!



Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...