Sunday, December 26, 2010

Looking back on 2010...

I can't believe this year is almost OVER! Wow! Time sure does fly by!

anyways, I wanted to take time and reflect over 2010.

1. Decided on a whim to participate in my very first 5k, and did it in 27 minutes!

2. Developed really close bonds with the people in my small group.

3. Went on a couple dates with 2 guys, didn't turn into anything special, but it was fun to get all excited and dressed up to go out with a guy.

4. Attended my 2nd wedding ever, but first wedding of a FRIEND, instead of family! What a great time of celebration! Love you Meagan and Scotty! [now they are expecting a little baby boy, Weston! HOW FUN!]

5. Went on my first PARENT-FREE trip to Florida with my girl friends!!! We had a blast!

6. Competed in the Urban Quest race and came in 2nd place by 2 itsy bitsy teeny weeny minutes! Regardless, it was still lots of fun!

7. Started serving every single week in Grace Acres at church. Really started to get close with the other volunteers and started occasionally working in the playroom as well. I really enjoy volunteering! It makes me happy to know that the kids are having a good time so that the adults can really pay attention to the sermon. (I never really felt like it was doing that much until the Christmas Eve service, where there was NO childcare...it was very distracting with all the babies/kids making noise. I feel extra helpful now knowing that volunteering in Grace Acres really makes a big difference!)

8. Ran my first (AND LAST) HALF-MARATHON in 2 hours and 10 minutes! Yes, 13.1 miles!! That experience of training and the actual race is something I will never ever forget. I put so much time, effort, and heart-felt endurance into that half-marathon! It was a great experience, but I'll let Casey stick with those..haha, I'm not going to do one ever again! I thought I fell in love with running during my training, but about a month after the race, I decided it was pure LUST and quit cold turkey! I am going to stick with my YMCA workouts! :)

9. About a month after my half-marathon, I ran a 10k (which is about half of a half-marathon) with my friends Nikki and Krissy. It was nice to run with friends, but after that race was when I quit running!

10. Some of my fellow PEAY!NUTS and I competed in the Fight-Song competition and came in 2nd place! I was so proud!

11. I cooked my first WHOLE MEAL for my parents and they loved it! (Ham and Cheese stuffed chicken with baked potatoes for them and a sweet potato for me!)



I know I didn't write down everything that happened, but this is just a few of the big moments that I remembered! 2010 has been such a great year and I'm sure 2011 will be just as good, if not better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog! Looks like 2010 was a big year for you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

wow WHAT A YEAR! I love your blog!! so cool!! I love that you volunteer- thats the best isnt it? best way to spread Gods love is to serve others in my opinion!

Kels said...

thanks so much girls! :)

Anonymous said...

Big year, Kelsey! I am so proud of you and happy that you find such joy in the Lord and in serving Him in various areas!

May 2011 be an even greater year!

Love,
Grandma k

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...