Sunday, September 26, 2010

HALF-MARATHON SUCCESS!!!






I DID IT!!!
The race was such a blast! The entire time, I was so impressed by the amount of encouragement and support from EVERYBODY around me. Not only were the other runners encouraging one another, the fans on the sidelines were as well! Along the course, people were cheering and they even PERSONALLY cheered for people because our names were on our bib! It was SO NEAT to have complete strangers cheer your name and it just gave me such an extra boost in motivation! Words cannot express the amazing feeling of completing my first half-marathon!!!

on top of that, I actually did pretty well...
My official time was 2:10:59 and I was number 62 out of 230 in my age group!!!

I am definitely in love with running now. I have even already signed up for a 10k to run on October 23rd!

I am so thankful for all of your prayers and support. Thanks again Casey, for being such an inspiration and encouraging me to accomplish this!

But, most importantly, I thank God for helping me get through this!

"I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!" - Phil. 4:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Kelsey! You and God did it!!

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...