Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Refresh Summit Recap!!!

This past weekend, I got to experience my FIRST blogger retreat! I have been wanting to go to one of these ever since I started blogging. My friend, Brittany, and I were talking one day, and I mentioned that I've always wanted to go to one, and she said, "OMG! You need to come to Refresh! It's a Christian blogger retreat and I'm a host! You will LOVE it!" After talking with Jared, we decided that we would do everything we could to make it happen. I am SO THANKFUL that God provided a way for me to attend! It was INCREDIBLE! I got a LOT more out of it than I thought I would. I went into it hoping to meet new friends and have lots of girl talk, good workouts, and food, but I came away with so much more.

Photo from Amia
Photo from Jennifer


 God revealed to me how SELFISH I was being last year. Yes, my husband travels a LOT with his job. It is tough sometimes, but I was being so selfish, that I wasn't allowing him to actually ENJOY it. I complained way too much about him getting to travel to all of these cool places and do so many cool things, while I was stuck at home. I was NOT the wife that God wanted me to be for Jared. As I am writing this with tears streaming down my face, God allowed the roles to be reversed this weekend. But, instead of retaliating and treating me like I treated him, Jared did nothing but show me GRACE. He allowed me the freedom to actually enjoy where I was at and enjoy spending time with the people I was with, instead of constantly talking to him on the phone because he didn't have anything to do at night, like I did to him. He allowed me to invest in the people I was hanging out with and develop relationships with them. I am so thankful that God gave me such a wonderful, loving, and supportive husband. When I got home, I broke down and cried on Jared's shoulders and told him how sorry I was for being so selfish. He forgave me and told me that we had to make a promise to NOT LOOK BACK and only move forward. I am so thankful for God's grace and forgiveness! 

Photo from Amia

This weekend was a major breakthrough for the lifestyle that we have, with Jared traveling a lot. It also leads me into another point, that God's blessings are constant. HE ALWAYS TAKES CARE OF US. He gave me TWO great families to nanny for full time! I am going to watch a baby in the mornings and a 4 year old in the afternoons. I am so excited that I get to love on a SWEET SWEET baby, and do fun learning activities with the four year old.

**********************************

Now, here are some fun pics from the retreat:

Photo from Bobbi

Wow, what an incredible SWAG bag full of healthy goodies! Thank you SO MUCH to all the sponsors!!! 

Photo from Amia

Lots of girl talk went on this weekend. It was cold outside, so we were fortunate to have a fireplace to warm up! 


TONS of yummy snacks and meals were eaten.


Photo from Amia


We did Bobbi's bootcamp, Reina's PiYo and Amia's Zumba. FUN FUN FUN! 

Photo from Amia





Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...