Thursday, March 5, 2015

Almond Butter Sweet Potato Bread

 Today, while Jared was at a Qualifier, I got creative in the kitchen. A few months ago, I made Fannetastic Food's Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Bread and it was a HUGE hit at our house. 

I wanted to use the Anti-Grain Sweet Potato Flour somehow, so I decided to tweak her recipe a little and come up with a new one! 

So, this is what I did:

Wet:
  • 1C water
  • 1/3 C Almond Butter
  • 1/3 cup Egg Whites
  • 2 ripe bananas (one of mine was frozen, but it still worked!)
Dry:
  • 1  C whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 Cup Sweet Potato Flour
  • 3/4 C oats
  • 5 little packets of NuNaturals Stevia
  • Sprinkle of baking powder
  • Generous Sprinkling of cinnamon

I threw all of the wet ingredients into the Food Processor. At the same time, I mixed all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, I poured the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stirred. Next, I sprayed a loaf pan with nonstick spray, and poured the mixture into it. Then, I sprinkled some oats on top. Finally, I baked it at 350*F for about an hour. 
 

Gotta admit, I am definitely taking a slice for my snack at work today! Jared will just have to wait til he gets home later tonight!
:)


 

 

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...