Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sombreros and Self Esteem


Last night, I went to dinner with Steph and Katie. We just wanted to catch up on life since it has been a while since we've been able to get together. Well, Steph's birthday was the day before, so as Katie and I were sitting at our booth waiting for her to get there, I thought "Oh my gosh, we should totally get them to sing to her!" and as I was trying to wave the waiter down, I saw Steph walking up...but don't worry, I successfully told him without her knowing! I'm so smoooooooooth. ;)

Well, after we were done eating we just sat around talking for a while, and out of NOWHERE this accordian thing made this horrendous noise RIGHT by Steph's ear. We all JUMPED and started laughing. Then, to make things even better, our waiter tried to SPOON FEED Steph the Icecream and Flan that they brought her...but was UNSUCCESSFUL. He missed her mouth and rubbed it on her chin!!! I could NOT stop laughing. Neither could Steph! She kept laughing and said "Thank you" like 5 times...and he still kept rubbing it on her chin until she grabbed her napkin and wiped it off. It was the funniest thing ever! ohhhhh good times!!!
***********************************************************

Now, I wanted to just share with you all what I read in my devotional this morning.

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?"
1 Corinthians 6:19

I know we all have our days of feeling down about ourselves and I am definitely guilty of this too. It seems like the female body is constantly being measured. But, as Christians, our bodies do not belong to us. Christ lives IN us, so we should respect who we are without letting the world get us down!

NO AMOUNT OF PLASTIC SURGERY OR BOTOX CAN GIVE US THE INNER BEAUTY THAT GLOWS FROM THE LOVE OF CHRIST!

I am so thankful for God's unconditional love! He is so amazing and loves us no matter what we look like OR what we do!


Challenge: Look in the mirror and say one thing that you love about yourself. SMILE! :)

No comments:

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...