Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Splurges, Smoothies, and Silliness

Teaching is still going well. I'm so thankful to be working at a wonderful school. Everyone is so nice and really making me feel comfortable. I feel like part of a big family! 
:)
My first graders are precious and I have funny stories each and every day!


Now, for a update on my life...
This weekend, I decided to let myself have a splurge weekend. I went to RiverFest with my girlfriends and this huge pizza mascot from Papa Johns was passing out coupons for FREE pizza. Papa Johns is my FAVORITE place to get pizza, so how could I pass up the opportunity??? YUM! 


Thanks to Jared, I had to try the Zaxby's BIRTHDAY CAKE MILKSHAKE. Oh my word! It was sooooooooo good!!! 


Okay, so, now that I've covered my splurge weekend, let me tell you some awesome HEALTHY eats that I've eaten lately...

Protein Smoothie-In-A-Bowl

Ingredients:
1 scoop Fitmixer Protein powder (review coming soon!!!)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 container of cherry yogurt
crushed ice (as much or little as you want..your preference)

Directions:
Mix the first 3 ingredients in a blender. 
Blend until smooth.
Add crushed ice to blender.
Blend until smooth.

(I like to put lots of ice to make it thick and then stick it in the freezer so I can EAT it instead of drink it) 

YUM YUM YUM!!!

Simple Veggie Omelette

Ingredients:
1/2 cup egg beaters
onion
tomato
spinach
cheese

Directions:
Saute onions and spinach. 
Pour egg beaters in a skillet (make sure you use non-stick spray before you pour them!)
Sprinkle onion, spinach, cheese, and tomatoes on one half.
Fold omelette in half.

Easy and healthy :)

Now, onto the silliness...

I FINALLY got to babysit this past weekend! It's been a good three weeks since I've gotten to babysit. I miss it SO MUCH. As long as Jared isn't visiting, I want to babysit on the weekends when I don't have plans! I LOVE BABYSITTING!!! 



Jared sent me this picture during the day.


I replied with this picture. It was my impression of him... 
;)


HAHAHA. 

Gotta love how technology! It makes staying in touch a little easier when we're so far apart...





Talk to me... what have you been up to lately? Any new healthy recipes? I'm in need of some new ones! 






Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...