Monday, October 22, 2012

Career = new workout routine!

Ever since I started teaching in August, I have made some changes to my workout routine. 

Here is what my workouts look like:
Monday- Strength Training and Stairmill (10 min)
Tuesday- Step Class
Wednesday- Strength Training and Stairmill (10 min)
Thursday- Step Class
Friday- Strength Training and Stairmill (10 min)
Saturday- DANCE IT OUT
Sunday- Rest 

I decided to ease up on the cardio on the days that I strength train because I walk around A TON at school. It's crazy how much I walk! We were recently given pedometers to keep track of our steps at school. Without trying to walk extra, I have calculated up to 6000 steps JUST DURING THE SCHOOL DAY! 

At the beginning of the school year, I tried to keep up with the high intensity cardio that I was doing in the summer, but I was just SO TIRED after school, that I had to change things. I can honestly say that I have never felt better! I have decreased my cardio, but still kept eating the same amount and haven't gained weight! :) I actually listened to Jared's advice and listened to MY BODY and did what was best for ME. 

Remember, STRONG is the new skinny! It's not about being the skinniest person. It's about being HEALTHY and being the best YOU that you can be! Don't fall into the comparison trap. 

I've been down that road before, and I NEVER want to go back!!!

On that note, I leave you with some pictures from the rehearsal and wedding that we attended over fall break! 
:)






Talk to me... do you listen to your body and change up your workout routine when you need to?



Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...