Monday, November 12, 2012

Michael Angelo's Head to Head Taste Test

Michael Angelo's contacted me and asked if I would like to participate in a head-to-head lasagna taste test...

 umm.. YES! :) 

They gave me a gift card and asked me to buy their products alongside a few of their competitors. I chose the Eggplant Parmesan and Vegetable Lasagna from Michael Angelo's, Vegetable Lasagna from Stouffer's, and Three Meat and Four Cheese Lasagna from Marie Callender's. 


Overall, the nutritional stats were similar for each of the products. They were all around 400 calories. Michael Angelo's and the Stouffer's had a significantly lower amount of sodium than the Marie Callender's. So, for nutritional stats, Michael Angelo's and Stouffer's tied. 

As far as aroma, they all smelled REALLY good when I took them out of the oven. :) I couldn't decide which smell I liked the best.. it was too hard! 

Appearance: The eggplant parmesan was the best looking. It was evenly distributed with cheese and sauce. The other ones were a little lop sided on top. 

Texture: The best texture was definitely the Michael Angelo's Vegetable Lasagna. It was easy to cut and stayed together nicely. The Stouffer's and Marie Callender's fell apart and spread out over my plate.   

Taste: They were all very tasty, but if I had to choose my favorite, it would definitely be the Eggplant Parmesan. It tasted BETTER than the dish I ordered at a restaurant! Yes, THAT GOOD! The vegetable lasagna from Michael Angelo's came in 2nd because I really enjoyed the variety of veggies. They were all very tasty and they both FILLED ME UP. The Stouffer's and Marie Callender's lasagnas didn't fill me up quite as much. 

So, the ultimate winner for this gal was... (drum roll please...)

EGGPLANT PARMESAN!!!


Please check out Michael Angelo's website and check out their WIDE VARIETY of delicious entrees to choose from!!!



Thanks again to Michael Angelo's for allowing me to participate in this taste test! 
:) 

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...