Friday, June 15, 2012

Hard Work = Results!

So, I already did a post awhile ago about how STRONG IS THE NEW SKINNY...


 I cannot stress enough how much better it feels to be STRONG instead of just skin and bones. 



But, today, I wanted to show you the results of HARD WORK and proper nutrition. 

Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend, I have not only switched up my strength training routine, but I have also eaten more protein than I ever have before! and let me tell you, it feels SO GOOD!!! 

I added more shoulder, back, and leg exercises to my routine.


Being FIT feels great! I don't EVER want to go back to being skin and bones! 


I also mentioned that I have been eating MORE and I haven't gained weight. I've just added lean muscle! 

Jared recommends that I eat a good amount of protein within 45 minutes of my workout so that my muscles are fed the proper nutrients, and let me tell ya, he is SO RIGHT! 

Here is an example of what I eat around my workout:

Before Workout: Yogurt Mess (cereal, fruit and yogurt mixed together! SO TASTY!)
Immediately following workout: Protein Shake or Protein Bar (try to get at least 20 grams of protein)

I am also constantly looking for extra protein in things that I buy at the store now and it's paid off! 

:-)


Talk to me... what do you eat for protein?
Do you eat within 45 minutes of your workout?


Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...