Sunday, April 28, 2013

Importance of Strength Training + Beginner Routine



 
 
While cardio is good for you, strength training is even more important to 
burn fat while you're not even working out! A good rule to follow is to strength 
train 2-3 times a week. Make sure you have a day of rest in between so your muscles 
can recover properly. Also, after every strength training session, I drink a protein
 shake or bar that has at least 20g of protein in it within 45 minutes. This is KEY!
 I didn't do this until I met Jared, and it's CRAZY how much more defined my muscles
 are! The protein feeds your muscles and keeps them fueled to burn fat at rest, and 
look toned ;) 
 
 
BEGINNER TIPS: 
 I would start out with a light weight, maybe 8 or 10 pounds. 
(Just see what feels best to you and go with it!) 
 
I like to do 3 sets of 12 reps for my strength training stuff.
 
This is what I do with free weights:
 
Bicep Curls
Overhead lifts
Squats
Lunges (12 on EACH leg)
Shoulder raises (you will have to decrease your weight for these.
 I use a 6 pound, so you might try 3 or 4 at first)
 For these, you lift your arms in front, then to the side.
 
Abs:
I would start out with about 50 crunches, 25 side crunches, 
and 3 sets of 12 leg lifts. 
 
 
 My Week Looks Like This:
MWF- Strength Training
T/TH/SAT - Dance it Out and Step group fitness classes. (or any cardio 
if I'm not able to make a class) 
 
 
 

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...