Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bake

So, I'm doing really good with my "Try at least one new recipe per month" goal for 2012!
This is my 3rd new recipe :)

I LOVE my Baked Banana Oatmeal, so I decided to experiment with one of my other favorites, Sweet Potato Oats! The experiment was a success! I'll share it with you:

Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bake

Ingredients:
1 Pack of Instant Oatmeal (I used Raisin, Apple, Walnut flavor)
1 sweet potato
cinnamon (sprinkle to your liking)
pinch of baking powder

Directions:
Boil Water.
Pour oatmeal and baking powder into mini-loaf pan.
Microwave sweet potato for about 3 minutes or so...
Pour boiling water into oatmeal mix.
Mash sweet potato and add to oatmeal mix.
Stir until it is evenly spread in the pan.
Bake at 375* for about 15 minutes.
I like to broil it for another 2 minutes to make the edges crispy!

This has a bread-like texture. It is SUPER YUMMY!

:)

I'm curious...do you like your oatmeal the regular way, or do you like to experiment with it?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm not much of fan for oatmeal at all. But thanks for sharing!

www.nmephotoblog.blogspot.com

BlueEyedBarbie said...

This looks fun. I usually dont experiment with oats, but i think a savory bake would be good.

Shannon said...

Mhmm! This looks awesome! :D
I like oatmeal the regular way AND I like to experiment with it. :)

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...