Monday, January 16, 2012

Taking an extra rest day...

today, I decided to have an extra rest day.
and you know what?
that is OKAY.

(the most comfortable blanket and couch ever)


I want to listen to MY body and take care of it.
If it's in need of some extra rest, why shouldn't I listen and give it what it wants?

I tried another new class on Friday, called Body Flow, and it worked muscles that I don't use frequently. I really enjoyed the class. I'm gonna do a post on that later ;)

I think so many times people try to go too hard and they overwork themselves. It adds a lot of stress and that's not healthy either.

so, today, I'm listening to my body.
I'm resting.

I'm gonna watch some GLEE, hangout with my friend Krissy, paint my nails with my snazzy new color, babysit, and oh yeah, get everything ready to go for my FIRST DAY OF STUDENT TEACHING TOMORROW!!!!!!
:)

I'm so excited!!!



What are your thoughts on taking an extra rest day? Do YOU listen to your body?

3 comments:

Mallory @ Have Your Cake said...

great post! i totally agree with you, listening to your body is so important. i've been running A LOT lately and my shins are screaming for some rest. it just makes you appreciate the days where you DO workout so much more! hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health said...

Great post! I really try to listen to my body and give it rest days when needed because I've come to realize how much better I feel overall when I do!

Rach said...

Yes, I am all about rest days! :)

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...