Sunday, February 19, 2012

Confession Time: My Struggle with Boredom Eating.

I like to consider myself a pretty healthy eater, but I do struggle with boredom eating every now and then. On those occasions when I have a relaxing night without lesson plans to do or one of a million places to babysit, I decide to enjoy watching some GLEE or do a little blog reading or whatever. That is TOTALLY fine, I should relax and enjoy an evening off!

But, my struggle occurs when I start eating and eating and eating and I'm not even hungry. I don't want to admit just how much I consume because I feel embarrassed. I feel like I'm the ONLY one in the world who does this. But, you know what? I'm NOT! Lots of people eat when they're bored.

I think the reason I beat myself up over it so much is because I am definitely a "Type A" personality. I strive to be perfect in everything I do, but it's NOT realistic, because I'm NOT PERFECT. Nobody is perfect, except Jesus Christ!

I eat healthy most of the time and I workout a lot, so if I "mess up" every now and then, it will be OKAY. Even if I didn't eat healthy and workout all the time, it would be OKAY because no human is perfect!

I think that writing this on my blog will help me in the future from beating myself up so much.



I would love to hear some encouraging words from you... I LOVE lifting other people up and offering encouragement, but sometimes I struggle with encouraging myself.

Also, do you boredom eat?



Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...