Sunday, March 25, 2012

Seven Things for Sunday

I have been GO GO GO this week, so I decided to do a little recap of my week.
Had to do 7 things, because, well, I'm obsessed with the number 7.
But you knew that...

1. My small group leader ALWAYS makes amazingly delicious meals for us, but I think this one had to be one of my favorites! It's a special sandwich called Muffuletta. It was served along side a strawberry, red onion and feta cheese salad with a strawberry vinaigrette dressing. YUM YUM!


Muffuletta or Muffaletta is a hero or submarine type sandwich that originated in New Orleans early in the 20th century, probably at Salvatore Lupa's Central Grocery around in 1906 or 1910.

It is made with a round loaf of Italian bread, split and layered with sliced Provolone cheese, salami, and ham, topped with 'olive salad' - chopped green olives, pimientos, celery, garlic, capers, oregano, parsley, olive oil and red wine vinegar.

(We had the option of adding the olive salad, which I opted out of, because I don't like olives, but this was THE BOMB!)

2. Green Tea is my favorite drink to start my day! After I workout, I am fortunate enough to snag some for free at my YMCA! I like mixing the Green Tea with a Lemon Tea bag for a little extra oomph! ;) My friend, Kasey, got me this AWESOME Tervis Insulated Cup! I LOVE IT!


3. I got these Oatmeal Squares in the mail as a free sample. This was the Honey Nut flavor. SCRUMPTIOUS!

4. My mom made these AWESOME Graduation invitations for me! She is an amazing photographer and can create the COOLEST things on the computer! In case you were wondering, the official countdown is 40 DAYS!!!!!!! (not that I'm excited or anything...)

5. I got my LUNA BAR Giveaway Prize from GlitzGlamGranola's blog.



FYI...you HAVE to try these! OMG. NEW. FAVORITE. FLAVOR.
Sweet and Salty with peanut butter chips on top and chunks of pretzel mixed throughout.

6. I had my first evaluation from my University Supervisor for my 2nd placement of Student Teaching. She gave me a really good score and she was SO HELPFUL with giving me constructive criticism and tips/hints to improve! :)

7. I went on THE BEST DATE of my life last night! Looking forward to see what God has in store for us!


TALK TO ME...
What's something that you would like to see more of on my blog? Or do you have any suggestions for something you would like me to include?

Nextrino Activated Charcoal Tea Tree Soap

I was sent some brand new soap from Nextrino to try and review! It is an activated charcoal tea tree soap that is all natural, vegan, and ...